AWA Event Detail
NSSA Event Detail
Intermediate Fenestration: Brisbane
24-25 May 2017
Building on the Online Window Induction Course (Basic Fenestration) this two day course expands on the design, fabrication and installation of windows, outlining the principles associated with technology, water penetration, day lighting, energy and acoustics, properties and characteristics of materials, relevant Australian Standards and their links with the National Construction Code.
This course includes pre and post assessment, participative sessions and a workplace assessment. An Intermediate Fenestration Manual and a copy of the Your Home Technical Manual are provided to participants.
This course is suitable for internal and external sales personnel and R&D staff who have a minimum of 12 months experience. This course is also suited to window resellers, building designers, architects and those who have been in the industry for many years and wish to update and reinforce their knowledge with the latest industry and product developments.
By the end of this course, participants should be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the principles of window design, fabrication and installation.
- Understand the application of performance for window materials.
- Identify relevant National and state regulations, codes of practice and Standards.
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of building designers, window manufacturers and building inspectors.
- Understand the NATA accreditation and auditing process.
- Explain the window and performance requirements for effective acoustic and energy efficiency and their impact in energy rating software tools.
To register online use the form at the top of the page and click the submit button.