Mission and Goals
Australian Window Association
Statements of Purpose
The mission of the AWA is to be the peak membership organisation of the Australian fenestration industry, to endorse compliant, sustainable and fit-for-purpose products and to provide services to members that support their efforts to operate successfully.
In order to achieve its purpose, Australian Window Association will:
- Drive product conformity and compliance
- Provide advice and support to members
- Facilitate technical capability and knowledge
- Develop relevant skillsets through training
- Influence industry and product sustainability
- Advocate to governments and regulators
- Promote to members, stakeholders, the community and consumers
- Finance the achievement of the mission
- Ensure good governance of the association
- Retain and grow membership
AWA members shall:
Provide products and services that comply with or exceed the minimum performance requirements of all relevant Australian Standards and the Building Code of Australia.
Provide a minimum 6 year guarantee against faulty workmanship and materials.
Adhere to the AWA third party NATA* accreditation program.
Submit to inspections by accredited auditors.
Provide access for customers to a complaints handling procedure.
Maintain a high standard of integrity, and apply honesty and fair dealing in all aspects of their operations.
Commit to the AWA Code of Conduct.